Melissa E. Aitken, Esq.
Phone: (301) 468-3220
Fax: (301) 468-3255
Melissa E. Aitken, Esq. has been associated with the firm since 2008. She earned her law degree (J.D.) from Catholic University of America in 1988, and her undergraduate degree (B.A.) from the University of Kentucky in 1984. She recently returned to the practice of law after raising four sons. Prior to joining the team, Melissa was an Associate in the estate and trust administration departments at Oppenheimer, Fleischer & Quiggle in Bethesda, Maryland and Ross Marsh and Foster in Washington, DC. Melissa has been a member of the Board of Trustees of St. Joseph’s House, a non-profit organization in Silver Spring that provides respite care for handicapped children, since 2005.
Areas of Practice
- Estate and Trust Administration
- Probate Administration
- Maryland, 1988
- Catholic University School of Law, Washington, D.C., 1988 J.D.
- University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky, 1984 B.A.
Past Employment Positions
- Pitterich & Snedegar, Maryland – Law Clerk and Associate, 1988-1990.
- Ross, Marsh, & Foster, Washington, DC – Associate 1990-1992.
- Oppenheimer Fleischer & Quiggle – Associate, 1992-1997.